Hiring Summer Interns!
Update: Applications have closed for the 2023 Summer Internship
We’re hiring two impact-driven creatives for our 10-week summer internship program! You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like to work at a small studio, from Identity Architecture and Studio Operations, to Branding and Product Design.
We can’t wait to spend the summer with you!
a small studio’s Summer Internship is a 10-week paid internship program for students, recent graduates, or those beginning their career in design. Our goal is to immerse participants in the day-to-day life of working at a remote design studio. Empowering emerging creatives is part of what drives us, and we want to set the standards for a new type of internship program.
The first four weeks will be spent shadowing individual members of the team to get a closer look at our roles and contributions to the studio. Interns will then choose an area (Product Design, Branding, Identity Architecture) of focus for the remaining six weeks. Our goal is to show you what’s behind the curtain and set you up for a successful career in the design industry.
When + Where
The 2023 Summer Studio Internship will be 100% remote! It will run from May 29th - August 4th. We operate across three time zones, so your schedule is flexible. We trust you to get your work done when it works for you, but we all very loosely follow a 10 am - 6 pm schedule.
Founded in 2017 on the principle of Identity and self-awareness. We designed an industry-first trademarked Identity Architecture framework applicable to individuals and corporate organizations.
We believe everything starts small, so we begin with that critical piece that springboards for the peculiarities of our times. i.e., Identity.
From entrepreneurs in Antananarivo, Madagascar, to underserved communities in Ohio, Startups, and publicly traded organizations, our design framework has supported establishing identities that correlate with missions.
Through time we have deliberately grown to become a collective of creatives designing experiences and digital products with a long-lasting impact. We use Identity to influence every aspect of design, and this has guided our partnerships, creative community mentorship, and how we use network capital to scale businesses.
- Collaborate with the entire a small studio team
- Strategize, produce, and present design ideas
- Gain insight into every role at a small studio
- Participate in internal reviews and brainstorms
- Support the team on real client projects
- Learn about our design process from client onboarding to engineering handoff
- Complete a final project + presentation as a culmination of the 10-week program
- An online design portfolio that shows your ability to iterate and conceptualize ideas
- Willingness to work and collaborate closely with the team at a small studio
- Desire to learn about all aspects of operating a design studio
- Solid working knowledge of Figma (or a willingness to learn!)
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Fluent English skills
- Ability to work at least 30 hours/week (at least 3 hours/day overlapping with Eastern Standard Time)
- Motion skills and/or illustration skills are a plus
How to Apply
Hyped about spending a summer with a small studio? Email us at email@example.com, and send along links that best showcase who you are and the relevant things you've designed or built. Please include “2023 Studio Intern Application” along with your favorite emoji in the subject line.
Please apply before 11:59 PM EST April 14, 2023
The interview process will take place from April 17 - May 5, 2023